[Qgis-community-team] FR translation

Matteo Ghetta matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 02:00:30 PST 2012

> which in short say: linguist can have these so called phrase books. You
> can create one by opening a .ts file (from the desktop translation) or a
> .po file (docs translation) and save that one as a phrasebook.
> Note: it is not a word-dictionary: it contains phrases
>
> If you have one, you can add other strings to it.
> By using this phrasebooks you would have one translation dictionary and a
> more consistent translation.
> (not sure what happens with old string though...)

My problem, at this point, is that when I translate phrases qt don't update
automatically the phrasebook and I have to add every phrase manually into
it. It would be very very helpful if there was a way to upload the
phrasebook either every time that a phrase is translated or at the end
(something like update phrasebook). Some suggestions or ideas?

A language translator team can off course use the ts-file of the desktop
> app to have a starting phrasebook (and maybe put it in github also?).

I totally agree with this idea. But I mean that all the phrasebooks that
every translator create must be managed only by the coordinator of the
translation team.

I'm not very familiar with the old documentation process, but I would think
> that it's not easy to create a phrase-book from latex files?

I found this software OmegaT that can manage Latex files but I don't know
this software. Maybe it could be useful.

Regards

Matteo