[Qgis-community-team] Inconsistent layout comparing to previous manuals

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 01:23:07 PST 2012

Hi again,

sorry for raising this topic again, but there are much more inconsistenses
in current manual comparing to previous versions.

"Getting started" section has completely different structure, some subsections
placed in the end, while in text we mention them as previous. For example:

"In Section :ref:`samplesession` you already learned how to start QGIS. We will
repeat this here and you will see that QGIS also provides further command line
options."

But reference "samplesession" points to text after this mention. Is it
ok to keep
things as is or should we review whole manual again and restore previous
sections structure?

2012/12/8 Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> starting with User Guide translation I found that now section "Introduction to GIS" is a subsection of the "Foreword" section.
> Current layout looks like:
>
> Preamble
> Conventions
> Foreword
>   Introduction to GIS
> Features
>
> While in previous user guide versions we have a bit different layout:
>
> Preamble
> Foreword
>   Features
> Conventions
> Introduction to GIS
>
> Is this ok or it is better to keep previous structure?

Bye,
Alex