[Qgis-community-team] [QGIS-Documentation] FR: 5 preamble files translated (#28)

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Dec 23 08:46:56 PST 2012

On 12/23/2012 02:19 PM, Otto Dassau wrote:
> the script on the server is located in:
> /usr/local/sbin/build_qgis-docs.sh

yep, I know. That is the one that I can run (as myself), and which is
running fine.

> and the cronjob is started by root, see /etc/cron.d/sphinx
>
> After compiling the sources, it changes owner to web.web It seems it was
> running until 21-Dec and then something probably was changed again on the
> server.

No, I think it never build. I mean the first part of the  scripts are
running fine (= the generation of mo file). But looking into the logs
there is always the sphinx-build: command not found message)

> I also see the error "sphinx-build: command not found " but sphinx-build is
> located in /usr/local/bin/.
>
> Do we have to change it and make it available for web? Is it necessary for
> the online translation portal? Do you have a solution, how to change it
> easily?

I'm not sure is /usr/local/bin/ is in the PATH of root (if running a
cronjob), and I do not know if this is desireable?? Can you try out this
command as root?
Another (easier?) fix is to just add /usr/local/bin/ path to the
spinx-build commands in the pre_translate and post_translate scripts.

You've got root isn't it? So  can you try out to run the sphinx-build as
root?

Richard