[Qgis-community-team] translation guideline available

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Dec 30 02:04:24 PST 2012

On 29-12-12 17:54, Diethard Jansen wrote:
> I have added the translation guideline to the documentation guideline.
> Please have a look:
>
> http://docs.qgis.org/html/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.html
>
> and the translated Dutch document used as an example..
>
> http://docs.qgis.org/html/nl/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins_heatmap.html
>
> This is especially for translators who do not write documentation
> themselves and really do not need to know Sphinx RST statements. Any
> comments for improvement are welcome..

Good job Diethard!!!

Very nice, thanks.

I see that you even created dutch translated screendumps of the plugin.

Maybe add some info about that? Please make clear we do only want
localised copies of the images in the resources/nl (or other locale) dir
if they are needed. Without a copy the original (english) version will
be taken, so no need to copy all images to the resources dir of you locale.

Maybe encourage some manual-translation-coordinators to translate your
text (I can do dutch ;-) )? And then communicate the url's to eg the
dev, translating en maybe even tot the users lists?

Again, thanks for taking time to write this

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde