[Qgis-community-team] more rst conventions questions

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri May 4 05:21:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have been editing several rst docs in the EN userguide the past
week.  A couple of questions before continuing:

1. Updating screenshots - many of the screenshots needs to be updated
since there are GUI changes made.
  - What should be default OS for screenshots? Depending on the OS,
some GUI appear different (especially with OSX).
     I'm thinking we use Xubuntu/OSGeo Live DVD as the base OS for
creating screenshots, this way, we have consistent
     look of the screenshots within the user guide.

2. File location of icons and image screenshots - Each chapter has its
own img directory for screenshots and icons,
    however, the conf.py [0] contains global image aliases for some
icons located in the user_guide/img directory.
    - Is it possible to include all the commonly used icons in
conf.py's rst_epilog so that these are available in all the chapters.
      I am only using the English version of QGIS so, I'm not sure
whether icons are different with the other languages.

3. Compiled rst available - do we have a regular build of the rst
documentation available already? I do compile my own, but it would be
good
    if we have a daily build available in the qgis.org so that we can
start linking QGIS questions to sections of the manual.  Even as a
working draft.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/user_guide/conf.py#L90

--
cheers,