[Qgis-community-team] tuesday doc session

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Nov 5 13:40:40 PST 2012

On 11/03/2012 02:24 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Great if any and all can join - the idea will be an afternoon hack
> session on the Sphinx template.
>
> If my connection is grab I may need to fallback on chatting via irc /
> text chat.

I'll be available via irc tomorrow afternoon. Tim if you want, can you
please init the hangout?

 From bootstap examples:
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/examples.html

I took the html of the Fluid Layout
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/examples/fluid.html

And started taking the template stuff from the basic theme to get the
content into the bootstrap layout (todo finish?)
Copied to my little server here in my house:
http://www.duif.net/en/

you can  build it yourself by downloading this zip:
http://www.duif.net/test.zip
which has the test-theme and the conf.py which I use (one special thing:
I define the sidebars in the conf.py).

Some things to think about:
- the fluid theme has this 'hero'-block, I'm not sure if we can/should
use this
- current version is 'liquid': (I like it: resize your browser window)
but I lost the working menu in the black topbar when you make your
window a lot smaller you have this little menu-icon to the right
- should/can we use the black top menu bar?
- my hope is that we can even take the qgis website into this 'layout'.
Not by really putting the sources in the QGIS-Documentation github repo,
but for example by sharing exact the same menu (in the black top bar??)
- TODO we need a clear QGIS branding!
- we need to fix the pdf building proces
- would be nice to have the automatic building proces working again

What about a main menu like (and yes, I've been looking to
http://www.geotools.org/ and http://geonode.org/ etc):

About (general info, big index page etc)
Download
Documentation (link to current documenation site)
Community (links to blog, wiki, planet, maillists etc etc)
Development (links to dev stuff, plugins etc, githubs etc)

See you tomorrow

Regards,

Richard