[Qgis-community-team] tuesday doc session

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Nov 5 22:08:08 PST 2012

Hi

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>wrote:

> On 11/03/2012 02:24 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>  Great if any and all can join - the idea will be an afternoon hack
>> session on the Sphinx template.
>>
>> If my connection is grab I may need to fallback on chatting via irc /
>> text chat.
>>

> I'll be available via irc tomorrow afternoon. Tim if you want, can you
> please init the hangout?

It may be better for you to do it in case my connection drops.

> From bootstap examples:
> http://twitter.github.com/**bootstrap/examples.html<http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/examples.html>
>
> I took the html of the Fluid Layout
> http://twitter.github.com/**bootstrap/examples/fluid.html<http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/examples/fluid.html>
>
> And started taking the template stuff from the basic theme to get the
> content into the bootstrap layout (todo finish?)
> Copied to my little server here in my house:
> http://www.duif.net/en/
>
> you can  build it yourself by downloading this zip:
> http://www.duif.net/test.zip
> which has the test-theme and the conf.py which I use (one special thing: I
> define the sidebars in the conf.py).
>
> Some things to think about:
> - the fluid theme has this 'hero'-block, I'm not sure if we can/should use
> this
> - current version is 'liquid': (I like it: resize your browser window) but
> I lost the working menu in the black topbar when you make your window a lot
> smaller you have this little menu-icon to the right
> - should/can we use the black top menu bar?
> - my hope is that we can even take the qgis website into this 'layout'.
> Not by really putting the sources in the QGIS-Documentation github repo,
> but for example by sharing exact the same menu (in the black top bar??)

Yes that is the idea I have too - we need a universal menu that can apply
to all docs and web sites.

> - TODO we need a clear QGIS branding!

Yes!

> - we need to fix the pdf building proces
> - would be nice to have the automatic building proces working again
>
> Yes!

> What about a main menu like (and yes, I've been looking to
> http://www.geotools.org/ and http://geonode.org/ etc):

Conceptually yes - though I wouldnt copy theirs - menus on the right are
just wrong :-)

> About (general info, big index page etc)
> Download
> Documentation (link to current documenation site)
> Community (links to blog, wiki, planet, maillists etc etc)
> Development (links to dev stuff, plugins etc, githubs etc)

Maybe 'QGIS Home' that always takes you back to qgis.org

> See you tomorrow

OK Ill see you later!

Regards

Tim