[Qgis-community-team] [Qgis-developer] Webpage

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Nov 13 17:17:35 PST 2012

On 14-11-12 01:10, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Please note this is a work in progress - Richard runs a dev copy here:
>
> http://www.duif.net/en/

Mmm, actually that was an old version :-(

There was a newer one (search and multilingual working there):
http://www.duif.net/qgis/doc/output/html/en/ I've now copied it to the
old url, and put all 'localised' versions next to it....

BUT! it is now also on documentation.qgis.org (thanks otto):
http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/index.html

Eg the dutch 'convention doc' and the 'introduction' are translated:

http://documentation.qgis.org/html/nl/user_manual/preamble/conventions.html

http://documentation.qgis.org/html/nl/user_manual/preamble/foreword.html

and here you can see german screendumps in the pages

http://documentation.qgis.org/html/de/user_manual/working_with_vector/supported_data.html

you can search (eg on 'buffer')
http://documentation.qgis.org/html/nl/search.html?q=buffer&check_keywords=yes&area=default

Now I think we need help now to

1) create a website framework into OR next to it (depending on the
nessecity to reference from the site to the docs and viceversa; OR on
the nessecity to create small partial builds (eg to only build the
website, or the docs). I need some wishdom here from you

2) some css magic to make the menu work (make the good part 'active' ==
black). Or some css wizards to spice/clean up our current css

3) make pdf build work again

4) create the main menu, we now have:
QGIS Home: main intro
Download: shortcut to download
Documentation: what we have now: all docs
Community: intro to all community subsites, mailinglists etc etc
Development: pages and links to github, python plugin pages/apps etc etc

But we can mayb just do three(?)
QGIS Home (which will bring you to download and community)
Documentation
Development

5) input (preferably a rst page :-) ) about the landing pages

6) help to incorporate current (djang apps) into current framework (to
make them multilingual too)

At this moment only the Docs are in  our 'framework'.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde