[Qgis-community-team] qgis document trnslation to arabic

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Nov 18 12:57:12 PST 2012

On 11/18/2012 08:40 PM, hosham munier wrote:
> Dear Werner,
> Thanks for reply, I saw the translated interface but I think it need
> some correction
>
> although I prefer the document translation, I subscribe to the mail list
> that you send to
> me and I will try to contact them because the contacting procedure is
> not very clear for
> me and how I can join and start working is also not clear for me, so if
> you help me in this
> I will be very happy.

Hi Hosham,

please feel free to ask questions or ask for help how to start. People
from this list are either translating the documentations (manual etc)
and/or the QGIS desktop application theirselfes.

What do you want to translate yourself? The documentation OR the QGIS
application itself? (I see that in QGIS application itself, arabic 2% is
translated).

If it is the QGIS application: 'current' arabic translators were/are
Assem Kamal and Latif Jalil.
Maybe Werner can get you in contact with them. To start, I think you
should install Qt-Linguist on your computer and download the qgis_ar.ts
file from here: https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/tree/master/i18n and
load it in Linguist.

If it is the manual that you want to translate, please let us know. We
are setting up a system to translate via a web interface in the browser,
but it is also possible to do it off line (in a way we do with the
Deskop application).

And again: don't hesitate to ask :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde