[Qgis-community-team] PyQGIS Cookbook in Russian. Some impressions

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Nov 21 14:13:56 PST 2012

On 11/21/2012 07:04 PM, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> I've just finish with translating PyQGIS cookbook in Russian using
> new workflow (creating .po files -> translating with Qt Linguist ->
> uploading to github). Mainly this approach works fine (but still need
> to look how it will handle updates and conflicts).

Hi Alexander,

the i18n directory did not reflect the structure of the source
directory. That is the reason that the translations were not picked up
by the post_translate.sh script on the server.

I just updated that, and here in my local build I do have an translated
cookbook now.
We have to look what happens on the server now...

> Only one annoying thing for now: there are many code snippets in
> cookbook and for some strange reason this text not included in .po
> files. And as result I can't translate comments in Russian, they
> remain in English. Is it possible to fix this?

We have to dive into this. Not sure if this is intended by the gettext
builder or not (I agree with your point about comments, but maybe the
reasoning for the coders was that code should not be translated???)...

Let's have a look in (our) morning (according to Otto there is a fresh
build every 4 hours) if we see a russian cookbook at
documentation.qgis.org/html/ru/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook/index.html

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde