[Qgis-community-team] translating docs

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Nov 23 13:40:11 PST 2012

On 11/23/2012 05:44 PM, Alexander Bruy wrote:

> BTW, seems information about updating po files and resolving conflicts
> is missing now from README file. I remember, some time ago we have it,
> just few sentences about using msgmerge. Anyone know why it was
> removed

Hi Alexander,

please correct me (or the readme.rst ;-) ) if I'm wrong, but my idea was
that these were not sufficient anymore?

Because of the using of common images, copying of language specific
images etc etc, the proces got slightly more complex, reflected in the
pre_translate.sh script

So to update po files (which is either msgmerge OR create a new one)
for your language do (from within /pGIS-Documentation dir):

./scripts/pre_translate.sh nl

(if you only want to create nl po/translation files, without language
code we create for po files for all current translations)

About the resolving of conflicts: I think these are always git related,
which cannot be easily resolved script wise? Though Tim pointed to
https://github.com/AIFDR/inasafe/blob/documentation-translation/scripts/update-strings.sh
in which apparently there is some magic for this??

Regards,

Richard