[Qgis-community-team] context help dummy

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Dec 4 03:12:17 PST 2013

Hoping to convince some devs to help me creating a context help which
just points to the documentation website, I created a phony python
context help dialog, pointing to a live documentation url.

In the screendumps you see on the right the current context, and left
the context we could have if we re-use documentation:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97361298@N07/11204081466/

pointing to:
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/working_with_vector/supported_data.html#esri-shapefiles

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97361298@N07/11204046605/

pointing to

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/general_tools.html?#add-delimited-text-layer

As you see if we keep the dialog width <700 the website looks nice
without left sidebar.

Not wanting to go into the discussion that this only works for online
users, because given the url-path it seems pretty easy to point to a
local documentation dir too.

Just hoping to find forces to get rid of current context help system :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde