[Qgis-community-team] QGIS 2.0 Training Manual

George Irwin george at linfiniti.com
Tue Dec 17 02:56:02 PST 2013

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks very much for getting in touch, and thank you for helping with the manual - much appreciated!

At the moment, the plan is that I will update all the screenshots for the manual so that there visual consistency and also consistent data being displayed. But there is lots of work to be done on the text content and updating the lessons. If you take a look at the Issues page of the Github repository (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues?state=open), you’ll see the modules which still need work (i.e. from module 7 up). If there’s a specific module you’d like to work on, please click on the relevant issue and add a comment to describe what you plan to update. Don’t worry about updating screenshots though - I will come along later and update them to match your instructional changes.

I see Victor has kindly just emailed you regarding git and forking the QGIS-Documentation repository - once you’ve forked the repository on github and made changes (on the manual_en_v2.0 branch), you can then submit a pull request and we can then merge your changes into the original repository.

If you need help getting to grips with git, this question on StackOverflow has lots of links to useful resources. Otherwise, feel free to ask me!

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/315911/git-for-beginners-the-definitive-practical-guide

Thanks again for the help and please do drop me an email if you need any help with anything.

Yours,

George

George Irwin
Project and Client Manager