[Qgis-community-team] doubt about committing a .po of the user manual

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Feb 12 00:32:55 PST 2013

Hi Giovanni,

Did you make sure and check, that you and all other pt_BR translators work on
manual_en_v1.8 branch and not on the master branch for translation? The
master branch should only be used to work on updates of the english master
document.

Am Mon, 11 Feb 2013 19:44:31 +0000
schrieb Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt>:

> Thanks for the answers,
>
> with the force option it works as expected.
>
> Cheers!
>

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Giovanni Manghi
> > <giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have a doubt about how to proceed after translating a .po file of th
> >> user manual.
> >>
> >> This page
> >>
> >> http://docs.qgis.org/html/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.html
> >>
> >> does not seems to have the info I need.
> >>
> >> When I translate a few strings in the .po of the QGIS GUI I use to
> >>
> >> git add qgis_pt_PT.ts
> >>
> >> to add the modified file to my github fork, and then make a pull
> >> request.
> >>
> >> When trying to do the same with the .po files of the user manual I get
> >>

> >> The following paths are ignored by one of your .gitignore files:
> >> i18n/pt_BR
> >> Use -f if you really want to add them.
> >> fatal: no files added
> >>

> >> What am I missing?
> >>

> >> thanks in advance
> >>
> >> -- Giovanni --
> >
> > Hi Giovanni
> > the point is - not sure why it has decided this - that anything in
> > i18n directory (i18n/*) is selected to be ignored in the repo [1], so
> > you have to use the -f option to force the add of those files
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/.gitignore
> >

> > --
> > Paolo Corti
> > Geospatial software developer
> > web: http://www.paolocorti.net
> > twitter: @capooti
> > skype: capooti

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf  , Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobil: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee