[Qgis-community-team] manual 1.8 as html and pdf

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun Jan 6 02:31:06 PST 2013

On 06-01-13 10:14, Otto Dassau wrote:

>>> OR should we just copy the User Manual directory in a 'User Manual 1.8'
>>> directory in current master? It is not very 'gitty', but I think it
>>> should be ok and more 'natural' because it is only the 'User Manual'
>>> which is really version bound?
>>>

>> my opinion is that we should make a branch per version. If you make
>> directories rather its going to be hard to merge upstream/downstream
>> changes into master.
>
> I am also in favour of creating branches to be able to merge changes, if
> necessary.

Ok, clear. Let's branch

Then let us check out the branch 1.8 docs (not the web part?) directory
somewhere else on the server. And point to it somewhere on this page:
  http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/docs/index.html ?

I'm getting lost on which branch defines the menu structure then though.

Anyway, do the branch, and as long as we keep the process and the
different manual directories clean and working, we at least have good
and translatable docs. I'm a little worried about the menu and site part
though

Regards,

Richard