[Qgis-community-team] New web site [was: Fwd: [QGIS-Documentation] Web site Japanese translation (#29)]

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Jan 7 06:59:51 PST 2013

On 07-01-13 12:26, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 07/01/2013 12:05, Werner Macho ha scritto:
>> I'd like to do it but unfortunately I am out of time until 11th of February ..
>> If it can wait until then I'd take the task ..
>
> thanks Werner. I would need a list of pages to be migrated, then I can create the
> files and add some content: anybody would like to produce the list?
> < half an hour of work, I guess, but it is a delicate issue, as we want a lean
> website, but we do not want to miss important info.

Hi Paolo,

what about just 'copy' the most useful (or what you think are useful)
pages to the new website and just start.

You can just create pages as 'whatever.rst' in the source/website
directory. I created two directories there to create some kind of
hierarchy (mimicking the menu structure) , but you are free to create
another logical structure (as long as it is simple :-) )

Whenever we think we have enough viable content for the website, we can
create new redirects for it as www.qgis.nl and leave the old website
available as old.qgis.nl, so we can always fall back and copy some stuff
from it?

My 1 cent

Richard