[Qgis-community-team] Translation problems

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Thu Jan 24 05:08:42 PST 2013

Hi Marie,

sorry for the late response.

Am Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:59:31 +0000 (GMT)
schrieb Marie Silvestre <marie_silvestre at yahoo.fr>:

> Hi everyone,
> I have some translation problems and questions!
>

> 1) Have translations been "working" recently? My last changes don't
> appear. (I have checked locally with the post_translation script and
> everything should be fine).

there was a problem with some japanese files on the server, that's why the
building script stopped. It should be ok now again and I just started to the
script again.

> 2) There seem to be a problem with titles like "a) A title". I have
> checked with pre and post script, nothing seem to work. (example of title
> here :
> http://documentation.qgis.org/html/fr/docs/user_manual/introduction/general_tools.html#controlling-map-rendering)

yes, I saw that too. I don't have a solution for that right now. Maybe we
need to change the a) ... things in the master doc so people can translate
it.

> 3) How do we translate figures titles and legends?

no solution yet.

> 4) I'm sorry to insist but the 2 documentation links I mentioned a few
> days back are definitely not the same (or I'm really crazier than I
> thought!): This one "works":
> http://documentation.qgis.org/html/fr/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html
> This one is not translated (and outdated?) but mentioned in the readme.rst
> file:
> http://documentation.qgis.org/html/fr/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html

you are right. I updated it.