[Qgis-community-team] Wish to translate the Q-GIS document to HINDI

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed May 1 00:34:58 PDT 2013

On 30-04-13 11:18, Ajaze Parvez khan wrote:
> Ajaze Parvez Khan

Hi Ajaze,

the preample.po from you pull request had troubles in the documentation
generation process.

I think I found the problems:

the first part of the .po file should not be translated. If I change the
'header' of your file to a header which was created by linguist the
process succeeded.

There were also some errrors in the po file, eg missing double quotes on
the end of strings.

Both these errors would be fixed if you can use a tool for the
translation: like Linguist, see here for a explanation and use of it:

http://documentation.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.html

Please download linguist for Windows here:
http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Qt+Linguist+Download?content=89360
or
http://code.google.com/p/qtlinguistdownload/downloads/list

I've fixed and loaded your preamble.po file, and here have a hindi
preample in front of me in my local browser :-)

I will check this in:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/commit/d8b7e5dc535c13a6e64a5c1e9ea1d3a2a6e3b39b

@otto can you maybe do a one time hi creation of the documentation so
this link will work: