[Qgis-community-team] layout fixes and new frontpage

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sun May 26 11:02:24 PDT 2013

On 26-05-13 19:18, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Technically, the site looks fine. The head images are distorted weirdly
> depending on screen resolution. Is that a technical or a design issue?

I haven't looked close into it, but I think we should find images which
are exactly the amount of height, or at least (have to check that).
Current images is just a not fitting banner from a qgis site.

> Do we have any designer at hand who can work on it and style it up?

Don't know, But if you google for bootstrap themes, you come up with a
lot of free and paid(!) themes. So I would think that companies who sell
paid themes can also handle strict bootstrap styling.

There is also the possibility to play around a little with colors (see
part '3. Customize variables' in this page:
http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/customize.html

But as said. By keeping 100% to strict Bootstrap and rst, I sort of try
to have at least a usable/translatable site and postponing further
design untill someone steps up :-)

Regards,

Richard