[Qgis-community-team] pdf links in docs and website

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Oct 10 08:01:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm building (most, not all) pdf's again. Some are not build (russian
pdf's seem not to build??):

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/QGIS-testing-UserGuide.pdf
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/de/QGIS-testing-UserGuide.pdf

So when all Makefiles are fixed and build, the following links should
also work:

http://docs.qgis.org/1.8/de/QGIS-1.8-UserGuide.pdf
and
http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/de/QGIS-2.0-UserGuide.pdf
etc

While I think we can fix that later, I have a practical problem now.

Formerly we had the language in the name: QGIS-2.0-UserGuide-de.pdf or so.
To make it easier for me to make links in the website, I removed those.

BUT still it is hard to create links in the rst which are intelligent
enough to direct somebody looking into the dutch website

http://www.qgis.org/nl/docs/index.html
to the dutch pdf:
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/nl/QGIS-testing-UserGuide.pdf

I could do some clientside url-rewriting via the same javascript which
creates the dropdown (as that one is aware of current language).

But I hope somebody has an easier (more clever) solution.

Who wins this prize?

Regards,

Richard