[Qgis-community-team] manual in pdf

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Oct 12 11:03:08 PDT 2013

On 12-10-13 11:09, NUIMURA, Takayuki wrote:
> In Japanese LaTeX community, it is known that, pdftex (pdflatex) cause
> error for compilation with Japanese font.
> Hence, we Japanese use platex + dvipdfmx command as alternative of pdftex.
>
> And platex command cannot read png image format. A bounding box file
> (*.bb) must be generate before compilation.

Hi,

we are not using the post_translate.sh anymore, but the Makefile:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/Makefile#L101

as you see I changed it to reflect your changes, and indeed on my laptop
(Debian testing) locally I can generate both russian and japanese with
platex, after I installed-lang-cjk
	sudo apt-get install texlive-lang-cjk
and instructed ebb to generate bbx files (via -x)

But on qgis-server we run squeeze, and this package is not available.
There only ptex provides platex.
But I cannot get platex get to generate pdf there. It stops with some of
these errors:

Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:�^^80^^8b not set up for use
with La
TeX.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `JY1/gt/bx/it' undefined
(Font)              using `JY1/gt/bx/n' instead on input line 120.

! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:リ� not set up for use with
LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.120 \tableofcontents

I tried to install japanese fonts, but that did not help. Google seems
to think my latex is just too old???

I uploaded the ja and ru generated on my laptop ere:
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/pdf/QGIS-testing-UserGuide-ja.pdf
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/pdf/QGIS-testing-UserGuide-ru.pdf

Are these ok?

Please let me know if somebody can help me to fix the generation of
pdf's on the qgis server.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde