[Qgis-community-team] foss4g & esri

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:36:33 PDT 2013

Hello,

If I were an optimist, I would say that they are trying... but giving very
little baby steps (not enough).

On the other hand, If I were a sceptic, I would say that they just want to
capitalize a bit of the Open Source momentum, and grab some costumers that
heard somewhere that Open Source is the way to go.

This happen a lot in natural environment, and it's called the "Green wash".
So in this case it would be a case of "Open wash" or even "Free wash".

Anyway, it's strange, but It those not bother me that they were there with
their little lonely stand.

Kind regards,

Alexandre Neto.

PS: Tomorrow, last day of FOSS4G13, still lots of new things to see (but
not in the E$RI stand :-P)