[Qgis-community-team] User meetings

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 17 09:11:06 PST 2014

Hi all,

There is a lot of momentum of QGIS in the UK. They have user meetings in
southern england, wales and now in Scotland. See
https://plus.google.com/+RossMcDonald/posts/5W5b8TppwiG?cfem=1 and
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/scottish-qgis-user-group-meeting-tickets-10222881915

This is quite positive. I think we have currently somewhere between 10
and 20 user meetings worldwide.

I find it a pity though that this happens all quite disconnected from
the main QGIS website. I think we should have at least all the links to
these meetings at our main QGIS website.

The new website is great - but what I still miss is a "news" section
and/or a "more visible" section with all our events (user meetings,
developer meetings, related OSGeo conferences).

It would also be cool if the planet news titles could be in a visible
news feed.

Currently the website looks rather static - not a lot of content changes
"visibly" - I know that people are working hard behind the scenes (e.g.
documentation, coding, website improvements).

Any ideas on how this could be improved?

Thanks,
Andreas