[Qgis-community-team] branching 2.2 for docs?

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Mar 25 07:36:01 PDT 2014

Hi Richard,

in general it should still work, since there are probably less features to
document after 4 months than after 12. But the main problem is, that we
don't have enough people to document and no sponsors to pay people to do so.

For example:

For the 2.2 release, I wrote several mails to the lists and asked for
volunteers. I was happy to get 4 positive answers, but in the end none of
them had time to work on it until now.

At the moment Larissa does some work, but she also has not really time for
that at the moment and it is the same for me.

see: http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/17/ManualTasks

I think it is not a time problem. We just don't have people who are willing
and/or have time to document. That's my experience.

Regards and best whishes to Vienna :)

Otto