[Qgis-community-team] .po files in documentation master branch

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Mar 28 13:00:07 PDT 2014

On 28-03-14 12:20, Werner Macho wrote:
> But if you remove all languages except english from the master branch
> you would not be able to build ALL languages in one go on one checkout
> without the need of switching branches .. which I think we need on the
> main server to deploy the documentation ..
> Probably there is an easy way to script the branch switching but I am
> not sure if it isn't easier to just leave the translations in master
> ..
>>
>> if I'm not wrong we decided that all translation work on documentation
>> is done in branches. Maybe we can remove all .po files except English
>> from master branch?

Hi Alexander,

I think I agree with you. I'll remove those po files from master asap.

I've also removed some languages from 2.0 branch for more efficiency and
transparency which ones are really translated.

I've talked to Otto too, as I'm eager to branch 2.2 and thereby start
translating that one. BUT we/Otto really need more people to update 2.2
branch to update it with the new 2.2 features.
So plz all: help with that.

As soon as 2.2 is more or less up to date, we will branch, I'll pull
latest translation from transifex in 2.2 branch.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde