[Qgis-community-team] i18n support for desktop and documentation translation in transifex ?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Feb 9 05:23:12 PST 2015

Hi Otto,

On Mon, 09. Feb 2015 at 12:36:53 +0100, Otto Dassau wrote:
> In transifex the new desktop strings seem to be translated already, because
> the status is 100 % Is that correct? And are the strings also already added
> to the documentation in transifex, so they can be translated as well? When I
> open the Processing in QGIS, I don't find any translations, except for
> probably those automated once that are already there for months.

Are you building from source?  Did you scripts/pull_ts.sh?

The translation are only updated on transifex and not in the repository
anymore.  The pull to the repository will happen shortly before the release.

The nightly builds (debian and osgeo4w) pull in the translations on every run.
If you build from source you should also do that.

> I don't understand the current procedure to integrate new i18n supported
> gui files into transifex and make them available for translators. Can
> someone explain how it works and what the current status is for desktop and
> documentation?

Every now and then scripts/push_ts.sh is run - that pulls the current
en translation from transifex, updates it and pushes it back.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode