[Qgis-community-team] new procedures when working on the user manual

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Fri Feb 27 05:19:22 PST 2015

On Friday, February 27, 2015 13:46:01 Larissa Junek wrote:
> Am Fri, 27 Feb 2015 13:43:54 +0100
>
> schrieb Larissa Junek <junek at gbd-consult.de>:
> > Dear all,
> > I'd like to discuss the new procedure for the teamwork on the user
> > manual. I like using git issues to manage our work. To have an
> > overview I think it's still necessary to keep the Manual Task list
> > where you can see all the commits that need to be considered.
> >
> > What do you think? Or is there a function in git issues where one can
> > get an overview?
> >
> > All the best,
> > Larissa
>
> Actually I won't be at the next developer meeting, so I open the debate
> already now (-:

Here my thought about this. The process could be the following:
each commit in QGIS core git repository create an issue in Doc git repository
if [FEATURE] and/or [SCREENSHOOT] is in the description.

We can also add a screenshoot label to the ticket, add the commit link in the
ticket description with the commit comment.

An admin can add the ticket to a milestome, ie 2.8, 2.8.1 or so.

We can assign to someone, who should be notified by github, add a comment,
review a PR.

We can ask to someone else to review the PR or just let the writer the choice
about create a PR or not.

So, I think keeping the wiki page is a work

Y.