[Qgis-community-team] Accuracy on strings to translate

Jenny Dupuy dupuy.jen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 02:14:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

I currently valid translations of French, and I need clarification on some
strings.
Should we translate strings like for example 'Merge_Selected_Features' or
not ?

What is the correct translation:
1. 'Merge_Selected_Features' is translated as ''Merge_Selected_Features'
(no translated)
2  'Merge_Selected_Features' is translated as
'Fusionner_les_entités_sélectionnées' (translated with '_')
3. 'Merge_Selected_Features' is translated as 'Fusionner les entités
sélectionnées' (translated without '_')

It seemed to me that we should not translate the strings with the character
'_' even if it is not placed at the end, but I have a doubt insofar as I met
several strings of this kind translated without '_'.

Thank you to answer me on this point.

Jenny Dupuy