[Qgis-community-team] Books section on our website

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Tue Oct 13 02:13:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

+1 from me to add a book section to the web.

Some additional thoughts: There are already several QGIS books published on
packtpub. It seems to be attractive to write about QGIS there and not within
the project. Within the project we usually don't have enough people, writing
and updating our documentation.

I mean we just started an Application Form to update the QGIS manual and it
seems that we will find some help from that soon.

I just wonder how can we be more attractive to people writing QGIS book? Of
course we can say, we are happy to get some % from each packtpub book. But it
would be much nicer, if we could publish our own (free) documentation. We
could provide it as free download and people can pay for printed books, if
they want and authors could get payed from that, too. Would it make sense to
go in that direction, too?