[Qgis-community-team] help for tutorial

Marc Hermitte marchermitte at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 03:21:59 PDT 2015

Hello!
I'm teaching 3D and I'm currently producing a tutorial about making a city
in Modo.
Trying different approaches, one of them involves the use of OSM infos to
produce street and building blocks polygons to use as a base for extruding
or instancing pre-made buildings over a base geometry.
I'm having a hard time getting what I need from QGIS, I'm sure there is a
way but the  infos I find aren't directed to 3D users.
I'm trying to pull the vectors from the map and export as dxf but I get
unusable results.
Is there a workflow to capture streets and blocks layers for instance and
export them as 3D meshes that I can import in my 3D package?

Thank you!

Marc Hermitte
DigitArt