[Qgis-community-team] Sharing practical and relevant experience on howto of documentation for new members

Mezene Worku mezwor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:28:43 PST 2016

Hello Documentation TEAM,

I am passionate and ready to contribute. Before starting I want to
learn lessons and best practices for better contribution. I am sure
you guys have a lot experience to share, and I will appreciate
precise, clear and short reflections on how to contribute.

1. What a newcomer should  know in advance in order to avoid rework,
duplication and confusion
2. What technical capabilities or competencies matter most?
3. What are the steps to follow for better deliverables
4. How to approach updating the documentation from simple to may be tough issues

Please share me practical lessons you learned from your first day to
the point you are now which you think relevant for people like me.
Thank you in advance for your response.

Regards,
Mezene