[Qgis-community-team] inline images substitutions in rst docs (again)

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Jan 29 07:54:54 PST 2016

On 29-01-16 16:32, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> :--(
>
> If we live it as it is, to help people document better, maybe we could
> create a help page somewhere with all substitutions and their names for
> people now what to use, and what to expect. Or even list them where we
> have the information how to create / update documentation.

Hi Alexandre,

there is already:

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/substitutions.html

though probably not up to date?

would be cool to be able to create this page based on the list from
source/conf.py

and clean up conf.py from substitutions we do not use (in docs) anymore
(I can do that based on my grep list, have to check if the counts were
for manual only or for all docs....)

Another win would be if the we could make the icons exact the same size
as we use them in the inline texts. In that way we could maybe get rid
of all the ':width: 1.5em' lines in conf.py. But please double check
before doing this, maybe it is needed for the right pdf sizes??

Regards,

Richard