[Qgis-community-team] inline images substitutions in rst docs (again)

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 08:13:03 PST 2016

I was trying to reinvent the wheel :-P

Updating it based on Richard GREP might be the best option.

Without any ':width: 1.5em' the images will be at their actual pixel size
in html files, wish might be too big, but we would need to test it.
Regarding the PDF building, I was able to remove  ':width: X.xem' from most
of the rst files by setting printing size of the screenshots to 135dpi. I
can try do the same to the substitutions images, I would prefer not to
resize the actual images.

Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net> escreveu no dia sexta, 29/01/2016
às 15:55:

> On 29-01-16 16:32, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> > :--(
> >
> > If we live it as it is, to help people document better, maybe we could
> > create a help page somewhere with all substitutions and their names for
> > people now what to use, and what to expect. Or even list them where we
> > have the information how to create / update documentation.
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> there is already:
>

> http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/substitutions.html
>
> though probably not up to date?
>
> would be cool to be able to create this page based on the list from
> source/conf.py
>
> and clean up conf.py from substitutions we do not use (in docs) anymore
> (I can do that based on my grep list, have to check if the counts were
> for manual only or for all docs....)
>
> Another win would be if the we could make the icons exact the same size
> as we use them in the inline texts. In that way we could maybe get rid
> of all the ':width: 1.5em' lines in conf.py. But please double check
> before doing this, maybe it is needed for the right pdf sizes??
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Alexandre Neto
@AlexNetoGeo