[Qgis-community-team] Make the 2.14 documentation a reality!

Yves Jacolin yjacolin at free.fr
Mon Jul 11 05:20:27 PDT 2016

Hello,

Today we have only 18 issues in the documentation tracker and we have almost
now the QGIS 2.16 released. It is probably a good moment to plan the 2.14
release of the documentation.

What I have currently in mind is to move all issues labelled "python cookbook"
and "training manual" to 2.16 release (or even for the next release if we
can't find any contributors).

Consequently of this, we will have only 8 open issues. From theses 8
issues, only 3 have no contributors. One is really easy to closed, others
need more work. So we can add a short description and improve it for the next
release (I have this one in mind:"Add N:M relation editing possibilities"
#705). We have 2 documentation issues labelled as blocker.

Unfortunately, we ("we" means only the French contributors) have a half week
as we have a day off on Thursday.

Let's try to plan the next release: we can try to close 5 tickets this
week as some are already almost finished. We can plan a release next week,
say Friday 22nd of July.

Opinions? Here a synthesis (+1/0/-1):
* move python cookbook and training manual to 2.16/3.0
* quickly fix the last 6 remaining issues
* add a short description for the last 3 issues
* release on 22nd of July

Thanks,

Y.