[Qgis-community-team] Make the 2.14 documentation a reality!

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Jul 11 09:59:04 PDT 2016

Hi Yves

> On 11 Jul 2016, at 7:20 PM, Yves Jacolin <yjacolin at free.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Today we have only 18 issues in the documentation tracker and we have almost
> now the QGIS 2.16 released. It is probably a good moment to plan the 2.14
> release of the documentation.
>
> What I have currently in mind is to move all issues labelled "python cookbook"
> and "training manual" to 2.16 release (or even for the next release if we
> can't find any contributors).
>
> Consequently of this, we will have only 8 open issues. From theses 8
> issues, only 3 have no contributors. One is really easy to closed, others
> need more work. So we can add a short description and improve it for the next
> release (I have this one in mind:"Add N:M relation editing possibilities"
> #705). We have 2 documentation issues labelled as blocker.
>
> Unfortunately, we ("we" means only the French contributors) have a half week
> as we have a day off on Thursday.
>
> Let's try to plan the next release: we can try to close 5 tickets this
> week as some are already almost finished. We can plan a release next week,
> say Friday 22nd of July.
>
> Opinions? Here a synthesis (+1/0/-1):
> * move python cookbook and training manual to 2.16/3.0
> * quickly fix the last 6 remaining issues
> * add a short description for the last 3 issues
> * release on 22nd of July

Really amazing work! Can we plan a bit of a publicity campaign to go along with the documentation release? I cc'd you on a separate thread - maybe we can compile a documentation visual changelog - or at least put in a comprehensive entry into the changelog highlighting all the hard work everyone in the docs team has done?

Thank you so much for this!

Regards

Tim

> Thanks,