[Qgis-community-team] New QGIS Documentation Subscriber

Angie Garcia amg832 at outlook.com
Sun Jun 5 19:09:20 PDT 2016

No worries Harrissou on the long email reply.  Sometimes it is helpful to explain things a little, thanks.

In viewing everyone’s suggestions, using the fix me link transferring the PDF pages into GitHub eliminates knowing the syntax allowing me to make changes from the get-go.  However, I used Word to make changes to the testing document as it was easy to move things around, this may not be the case within GitHub.  I have placed a pdf copy in Dropbox  (sending another email to everyone with the link). I only edited the first few pages to give all an idea of the user guide design layout.  Not, sure how easy or time intensive design layout could be within GitHub?

In addition, when I make changes using the fix me link to transfer the pdf to GitHub and it’s in my repository, will the changes I make affect the original (Master) document User Guide 2.14. Or will it ONLY affect my clone repository in my account?  Will everyone be able to go to my repository and see the changes I made to the document?  Hence, the reason I did not make any changes yet to the Github QGIS User Guide 2.14 document.

Best Regards

Angie