[Qgis-community-team] Weather Tutorial Package For QGIS

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Mon Jun 5 00:18:20 PDT 2017

Crist, you can also create trace animation of wind data using Crayfish
plugin (not yet available in Mac OS):
http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/images/crayfish_storm_doris.gif

Also, you can visualise and animate grib and netcdf data:
http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk/images/globaltemperature_grib_data.gif

Let me know if you are interested in other data formats:

Cheers
Saber

On 5 June 2017 at 08:09, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 04/06/2017 22:09, Anita Graser ha scritto:
> >

> > On Sun, Jun 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> > <rdmailings at duif.net <mailto:rdmailings at duif.net>> wrote:
> >
> >     The link goes via Facebook but if you download the mediafire [0]
> >     (without letting Facebook about it), you'll find data + video
> tutorials
> >     from Crist Case a (as he calls himself) a 16 years old future
> >     meteorologist.
> >
> >     So other (future) meteorologists: see if you can learn something from
> >     this, and I hope that with Crist will be the next stream of younger
> QGIS
> >     users and developers coming in :-)
> >

> > ​I've encouraged Crist to ​make his tutorial more accessible. It's now
> > online at:
> >
> > https://qgisweathertutorialpackage.wordpress.com
>
> Thanks Crist. There is some formatting to be fixed, and I wuld suggest
> to add the screenshots to the page, rather than as a link to a zipfile.
> If you are also interester to further play with grib files (wind etc.),
> please ping me.
> This conversation could be moved to the qgis-users mailing list.
> All the best, and thanks again.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis