[Qgis-community-team] Hello

Niall Conway conwayniall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 05:09:36 PDT 2017

Hi QGIS community team,

I'm a regular user and big fan of QGIS software - I realise that that the
project may not receive the thanks that it deserves however your efforts
are appreciated.

Unfortunately, I haven't had a whole lot of time to built into the
community in the past but I now's as good a time as any I suppose. A little
about myself - I'm from Cork in Ireland and have a background in geography,
sustainability, planning and online education however I spend many years in
consultancy learning (through trial and error) how to use GIS and how not
to use GIS.

So this has brought me to the current point of starting a business in
 developing the type of online resources which were missing when I needed
it most.

So with all this said, I'd be interested in learning about some of the
challenges which your documentation team faces in keeping training material
up-to-date coming up to version 3.0. I realise that it's early discussions
but I'd like to perhaps see if I could tie in what I'm doing with the
efforts of the QGIS project and try to give something back also.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'm glad to make contact.

Best,

Niall