[Qgis-community-team] Materialised / Rule based views

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Jan 11 14:32:08 PST 2018

Hi

I (or whoever wrote it) could probably have chosen a better example. Materialised views change something that is normally read only (a view) into something that can be treated as a writable table (with the correct transactions being deferred to the tables that were used to create the view). So agreed we should either change the example or the heading :-)

Regards

Tim

> On 11 Jan 2018, at 23:24, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering about the term ​"Materialised Views (Rule based views)​" in the lesson about rules:​​
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/database_concepts/rules.html <https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/training_manual/database_concepts/rules.html>
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem like the example has anything to do with views. It's a nice rule that writes into a regular table, as far as I can tell.
>
> It would be good to provide an example that deals with inserting data into a view.
>
> What do you think about changing the subheading to "Creating a logging rule"?
>
> Regards,
> Anita

—

Tim Sutton