[Qgis-community-team] Materialised / Rule based views

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Jan 12 01:41:38 PST 2018

Hi,

just because I stumbled upon this last month:

A materialized view is originally just a table based on a query. So you
should not update the 'view' as upon a refresh, those edits will be
overwritten.

Postgresql has an 'official' materialized view

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-creatematerializedview.html

which you can 'refresh' using a query:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/sql-refreshmaterializedview.html

I think the heading in the training_manual should be something like:
'rule based updates' or so?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde