[Qgis-community-team] International Day of the Girl

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun Sep 30 23:50:38 PDT 2018

Dear Kana,

Il 09/29/2018 02:45 AM, Kana Walsh ha scritto:
> The first thing would be to create training materials on using the
application for children my age. The existing training materials are too
complicated for children my age to understand. Videos might be better.

I'd like to add to Paolo's answer that there are two books on QGIS
specifically targeting a younger audience:

Open the Door to GIS offers a way for teachers to use this powerful
software in their classes without having to become experts, with freely
downloadable Open-Source GIS, QGIS.
Open the Door to GIS is recommended for students age 10 to 15 years and is
available as both a Teacher and Student edition. http://locatepress.com/odg

On the Way with GIS builds on the introduction to GIS, established in Open
the Door to GIS, featuring more advanced topics.
On the Way with GIS is recommended for students age 10 to 15 years and is
available as both a Teacher and Student edition. http://locatepress.com/otw

Regards,
Anita