[Qgis-community-team] Draft paper discussing QGIS docs

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Aug 28 21:34:31 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron,

On 29/08/19 00:58, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> QGIS developers have already faced and moved past this challenge. I
> think we are are facing similar challenges and opportunities in the
> documentation space. I would be interested to learn more about how the
> QGIS project moved to paid developers and what we can learn from that
> experience. Who would be good to ask about this?

this is not correct: most developers have been paid, at least partially,
from very early stages of the project, and still now most are also doing
volunteer work. So the two things have always been mixed, and each dev
found its personal balance.
The problem is that this does not apply much to documenters, because it
is very difficult to get paid to document a feature.

Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: