[Qgis-community-team] Case studies for Food Security

Jonathan Brown jonabrow at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 05:56:25 PST 2019

Can anyone point me to case studies on community food security using QGIS? We’re hosting a mapathon challenge. If so, I could add QGIS as the third GIS tool:

Design a solution to improve access to local fresh food to promote healthy eating and active lifestyles in Northumberland County.

Register as a team or come by yourself and we’ll find a team for you. Spread the word! Prize money of $200.00 will be awarded in each category for best use of digital technology to:

1. survey local needs through crowdsourcing
2. analyze and improve local community food security
3. promote healthy eating and an active lifestyle
4. promote technical and vocational entrepreneurship

An overall prize of $600.00 will be awarded to the team with the best working prototype that integrates all four categories.
Bring your own devices. Geographical Information System (GIS) training will be provided by professional practitioners.  A bank of 12 laptops with access to OpenStreetMap and ArcGIS Online will also be available. Details and updates to follow.