[Qgis-community-team] Improving PyQGIS cookbook. Question.

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 01:46:19 PST 2019

Hi all,

I plan to work on updating the PyQGIS Cookbook (those parts that are
still not adapted to QGIS 3) and would like to hear ideas about what
can be improved, what is missing, etc, so I can do more than just
replacing a few Python snippets

Please let me know if you have any suggestion.

There is one question I would like to ask. I see that we are using
:class:`ClassName` and :func:`functionName` to add format to the text.
I believe it would be much better to replace all that with hyperlinks
to the correspodning API pages and sections, (I think that the key to
become a competent programmer for PyQGIS is to know how to navigate
the API and find stuff there), but not sure if everyone agrees on
that.

I don't think we can add the link *and* keep the :class: and :func:
tags, so we would lose the semantics of the text. If there's a way of
doing that, let me know.

I am ot completely sure about the time I can spend on this (this is
not on my personal time, but on company time), but most likely it will
be around a week, kinda full time.

Thanks!