[Qgis-community-team] Documentation Split

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 05:39:03 PDT 2019

Hi all,

At the hackfest, and even before that, we have been talking about splitting
the documentation in more that one repository.

If I recall, the kick-off for this discussion started because the
QGIS-Documentation repository includes docs that are tied to a particular
version of QGIS (user manual, pycookbook, training manual) and need to be
released in every LTR, and "static" or independent pages like the Developer
guide or Documentation Guidelines, that can/should be updated whenever we
want.

I would like to discuss this splitting: How many repositories, and which?
Any opinions?

Personally, I don't think we need to split every document in one repo, has
that will only lead to more work managing it. Could we just move the
"static" content to the website? That is:

QGIS-Documentation
---------------------------

pyqgis_developer_cookbook
training_manual