[Qgis-community-team] QGIS docs: Vanilla build & ReadTheDocs theme

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Mar 18 00:25:45 PDT 2019

Hi H,

Yeah, definitely needs more work, this is really the vanilla rtd
(ReadTheDocs) theme, besides your points, I also dislike some colors
etc. But the great thing is that do not need designers/css guru's to
make the responsive stuff work etc. Changing some fonts or colors should
be doable.

Your issues (feel free to put them as issues in github):
- updatedisclaimer: probably because I've been playing with moving the
static folder... (see other thread). I was actually hoping to remove it
all the way, and use some javascript to 'inject or remove' such msg.
- about marges & spaces: mmm, have to look into it, such details are
hard to fix (as these are very flexible layouts) but I prefer to keep
this kind of details as is and maybe change our rst if possible to more
fit your idea
- with me it IS scrollable with the mouse middle button? ALternative is
to SHOW a scrollbar which is often ugly?
- coloring: yes, agreed

First we have to decide IF we want to move to this layout (as we can
easily add it to current build too!).

Maybe we can setup a small online doc team meeting this week in an
evening, to speak about and hammer some descisions?

Regards,

Richard