[Qgis-community-team] QGIS docs: Vanilla build & ReadTheDocs theme

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 04:17:45 PDT 2019

Hi matteo,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 8:37 AM matteo <matteo.ghetta at gmail.com> wrote:

I don't have direct experience with that, but for other stuff I use you
> have a separate `custom` folder where you put custom css and js so that
> they will not be overwritten by a theme update

I will have to study it, some of my colleagues have been doing that
recently so I can pick their brains for a while. The important is not mess
with the readthedocs theme directly, otherwise we will be stuff with this
version again for a very long time...

> But yes, personally I'm in favor of splitting the docs (static vs
> dynamic) as we discussed. So you are suggesting to use git submodules?
> Do you have experience in maintaining them?

Yes, and yes. That is what I have implemented at Boundless, because we use
the same theme for many different projects. it's very easy to maintain. At
least easier than trying to keep the theme in all projects looking the same
without it.

Anyway, let's table that for later, when we have a "final" vanilla.

Alex