[Qgis-community-team] print composer: refresh view

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 29 07:50:01 PDT 2019

Hi Larissa and others,

In my opinion, this button should be removed from QGIS. The normal
workflow is, that you change an item's property and the change refreshes
the display of the concerned item automatically, without having to press
the refresh button.

It is only here to work around bugs, like the recently fixed bug
described here: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/21624 that involves
update of item position and size defined by an expression, after a
change in layout format or orientation.

Another issue the refresh button may help fix, are layer redraws when
network requests are unsuccessful. In such a case one could refresh the
rendering of the map. Or in case you change the symbology in the main
QGIS window and want to see the updates immediately without having to
zoom/pan or change an item.

@Nyall: what are your thoughts on the refresh button?

Greetings,
Andreas