[Qgis-community-team] Draft paper discussing QGIS docs

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 05:39:04 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron,
this is a tremendously valuable document you submit here. I can't agree
more on most points.
Thank you very much for this effort of putting all your recommendations
along with their context.

One thing came into my mind just now that the hackfest & foss4G sequence is
over. I think that we really need to board in new contributors (technical
writer, senior architect) physically during the next developer meeting.
All the complexity of learning our infrastructure stack and our writing
guidance can be tackled there a lot more easily.

I eared this assertion last week : "Build communities, and then you'll be
able to build project".

In our case, I would recommend that all involved parties come and join.
And again, if some can't make it for financial reasons, QGIS.org and the
OSGEO have travel grant programs.
On the behalf of the French local chapter, I think we can also participate
here.

Best regards,

Régis