[Qgis-community-team] Draft paper discussing QGIS docs

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:12:01 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron,

thanks for the excellent document and analysis.

Let me just (re)share some of my thoughts:

* I really really think that currently we need to defined precise roles
(issue manager, reviewer, English reviewer, ect). IMHO the growing
complexity of the last years made difficult for us to convince other
people to contribute (at least, I'm not able to convince people during
training and other activities)
* +1 for the "community" evangelist (could be another role of above)
* -1 to change the framework (even if complex is too important)
* -1 to create other dedicated repositories with additional training
material: just add another chapter to the existing manual

situation, I really think we have to set up a clear workflow (for us and
newcomers) else we can loose volunteers and other people that want to
contribute to the project.

Cheers

Matteo